Saturday, January 31, 2009

Turning 40

Okay, so I'm older than 40...sue me. Part of marking that milestone was a celebration of sorts...a trip with old college friends. The celebration took a back seat when we learned that our dear friend, Natalie, was diagnosed with Stage III ovarian cancer.

I'm sorry but what the &%^#??? We're 40 years old! I wanted to vomit. Actually, thought I would vomit. It is a good thing that Nat has a long history of thinking "outside the box." So to speak :) And it seems as though she brought that thinking to her fight.

Anyway, she is taking steps not only to stop her own cancer but to help who knows how many others. I can't explain the extent of my admiration for her.





For anyone reading this blog (and I know there aren't many but hey, forward this post on to all of your friends), I hope you might join in the fight and support the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.

2 comments:

  1. (((JILL)))

    Thank you for the kind words! Are you really talking about me? :)

    I can't wait to see what we plan for our 45th.

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete