Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's a great day for Natalie!

At long last, Natalie is going to her forever home! A good friend of mine has finally succumbed to the pressure of a young girl she has been tutoring for a couple of years now. Natalie couldn't be going to a better home. She'll be the only pet in the home and in a perfect position to be the queen of the castle. I mean, come on, you expect that face to share attention with anyone?

I think the two independent girls will make a perfect pair. So, sixteen down, one to go. Poor little Tim is the sole remaining foster yet to find a home. He is going out to PetsMart today so hopefully someone will see him and just have to take him home!

I also happened to pick up another - I've told you haven't I? They know I'm a sucker. Apparently, our director saw this orange tabby in her neighborhood (notorious for an overpopulation of stray cats) and started feeding him. He turned up a couple of days ago with a bad wound on his leg. He went to the vet to tend to his wound (bad bite) and now he's in my house. I can't figure out if he is just really, really scared (he's full grown so this could be interesting) or feral. He seems to like being petted on his head, but there are some signs that he might be feral.

Feral cats tend not to make a sound if trapped. If he is feral, we have a plan for that but I'm hoping that after ten days of recuperation and being fed that he'll come around...only time will tell!

But back to the most important part of the post...Natalie is going home!

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! Yeah for Natalie the Princess Cat!

    Our Princess Snowball was a stray. She is the PRISSIEST former-stray I have ever seen. Rich said those infamous words "Yeah, she can live in the garage"... which lasted all of an hour because HIS lap is the lap Snowy prefers.

    The vet said he can tell she's well-loved... I guess the marker smiley faces the boys put on her white fur gave that impression LOL. She's a great cat. Always in the middle of the chaos created by 3 small children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she found a home!

    ReplyDelete