Saturday, March 28, 2009

Foster Free!

Little Nick went to his forever home last night. He's not in a mansion by any stretch of the imagination, but home is now with a young couple who obviously love their animals. They had two cats, brothers just like mine, and one of their boys died due to kidney failure.


They were looking for a new friend for their guy and spied Nick on the PAWS website. He's a rough and tumble guy who now has a safe home and won't be resigned to a life on the streets...not a very good life at that. I think he's going to do great!


So eighteen cats have come and gone (well, okay seventeen since I kept one) since August! Sounds a little nutty, but they have all found great homes. If you think about it, that is a lot of cats and a lot of great people who have opened up their hearts to help these little souls. Okay so I use the term "Little Nick" lightly obviously, but he was such a love bug! I'm just glad he is going to be in a place where he will get all the love an attention he desires! Here's to Nick!



I am going to be taking a little bit of a break from fostering. Now, don't get me wrong, I do other volunteer stuff with PAWS: adoption screenings, helpline calls and most recently pr and marketing for an upcoming event.




April is also Prevent Cruelty to Animals Month so I'm trying to get our executive director featured in some newspaper articles to further our cause. I'm sure the spare bedroom will have a new inhabitant sometime soon...they know I'm a sucker :)

1 comment:

  1. You are a HUGE sucker! ;) But yes - let someone else foster for a while.

    I am so glad that Nick found a home. Good job!

    ReplyDelete